Sunday, October 3, 2010

Udi's Gluten-Free Breads!!

Oh my goodness.. I have just discovered a new favorite gluten-free bread! I guess this is just a weekend of discovery for me! = )

So, Cub Foods apparently just switched gluten-free bread brands on me. I have been buying Food For Life- Almond & Brown Rice Bread. It was quite tasty, but definitely had a more pound cake texture, and was best when you toasted it. Well, I went shopping this past week and they didn't have it. I was like, "ARG!!, now I can't have sandwiches this week..." when I noticed that they had a different brand of gluten-free bread, so I picked some up to try.

Udi's Gluten-free Whole Grain Bread is AWESOME! You don't even have to toast it if you don't want to! It's has a much more "normal bread" texture. Toasted, it even reminded me of a bread you would use for bruschetta; very light but moist! (I am currently envisioning using it to make croutons so that I can have stuffing for Thanksgiving!!...)

This bread is not only gluten-free, but it is also wheat-free and soy-free. It does contain eggs though. Although I am sensitive to eggs, I have never had a problem eating the small amount that is in most baked goods such as bread.

Buying gluten-free bread is pricey, but I have decided for myself that the standard of living I experience by getting to eat sandwiches daily is very worth the cost, because even though I would like to think I'm domestic enough to bake my own gluten-free bread on a regular basis someday, the reality is that I probably won't. = )




Also, check out Udi's Gluten-Free Bread Products at their website here, because they have a handful of other products that look amazing, and you can order everything online!

5 comments:

  1. Yep! I have been eating Udi's bread since last year. It is absolutely delicious!!! Try their muffins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am able to get it at the grocery store here in Marshall. Are you sure Cub doesn't have them? Fresh & Natural should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure. I'll have to look! Mmmmm... = D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried to find the muffins at Cub.. no luck. I could be blind... might have to check out Fresh & Natural. I've never been there before!

    ReplyDelete