Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Passing of a Friend (a somber tale)

I would like to take a moment to outwardly grieve the passing of a dear friend.

My bellybutton piercing and I were very close, together for 9 years, since 2001. Our favorite shared beauty, my pink gemmed zipper ring, moved on to greener pastures.. namely my sister Anna's belly button, on her 20th birthday, September 7th, 2010.

After the birth of my son Ari, things just weren't the same between us. She didn't feel as secure, caught on my pants often, and wasn't able to shine out in the open as she used to. We both felt it best to end our union, before our last moments together could no longer be remembered as pleasant.

Belly button piercing, your presence will be missed, your absence appreciated. So long my friend... *sniff* (I already miss you) =' (


(picture taken 8/6/2009 after sunbathing together in our backyard when I was only slightly pregnant)

2 comments:

  1. im sure shes very happy being with anna, and you can see her often and catch up on what youve missed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, good point. Thanks Esther.. you're so comforting. = D

    ReplyDelete