Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Bitch is Back (warning: female subject matter)

That's right ladies (and perhaps a few gentlemen).. after almost a year-and-a-half of being away due to pregnancy and nursing... that crabby, edemic Aunt Flo has returned.

I know you're like, TMI Rachel. ("Too Much Information" for you unsavvy folks) But this seriously is a topic that I would like to address.

I really have not missed Aunt Flo experientially. (I will continue to use this pet name to make this subject more tolerable for you faint-of-heart readers) It's been nice not having to deal with all the cramping, crazy emotions, fatigue, bloating and crabbiness that her visits bring. Part of me was hoping that she would never return.

But, now that she's back, I realize that there is something about her monthly presence that is comforting to me. Here are a few of the reasons I have been able to identify:

First, and I warn you that this is graphic.... (stop reading and skip to the next paragraph if you don't want to read something graphic... okay, I really warned you so continue if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you...).. there is something very enjoyable to me about things that are supposed to exit my body, making their way out. This is one of the reasons why I really like pooping. I have a very vivid imagination and regarding Aunt Flo, I always imagine all this "stuff" up in me getting old and decaying every month. I look forward to when it leaves so "fresh stuff" can take it's place. I know, laughable and gross, right?

Secondly, I like the fact that it means that I can have more children... in theory. Of course it doesn't always work that way. Many people have to suffer through Aunt Flo's visits but are not able to have children. But having Aunt Flo visit again makes me feel happy that there might be Baby Wales #2, 3 and maybe 4 someday. (other factors involved... such as Drew having a complete change of mind/heart) = )

Finally, there is something about Aunt Flo visiting every month that makes me feel "female". Of course I know that Aunt Flo does not visit men. What I mean is that I can imagine that it could be an emotional occasion when Aunt Flo permanently stops visiting. Women must have a hard time with menopause, or when they have to get a hysterectomy, because one of the things that makes them distinctly female.. no longer occurs.

So anyways, this was all going on inside my brain, so I thought I would spew it out... because that's what blogs are for.. right?! = D

Now off to chug down some more ibuprofen... ugh.


photo from www.canstockphoto.com

4 comments:

  1. This is me commenting, you can no longer say i am a bad sister cause i finally looked at your blog.

    p.s. i feel bad for you, i wish it would go away

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! You are now a good sister. I'll have to change your quote on my "Raves, Reviews and Awards" page. ; )

    p.s. Thanks.. it's still a bummer. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I have been loving reading your blog. It is nice to keep up with friends online in a way that is more in-depth than facebook! Also, I just passed a blog award on to you! :) http://www.polishthestars.com/2010/09/pinching-pennies-and-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Megan, and I agree! I'm so glad you're enjoying reading it. = D

    ReplyDelete