Friday, September 3, 2010

Curry Chicken Salad

Drew and I had dinner at one of his coworker's house this summer. Someone brought a curry chicken salad that was amazing! Even more amazing, because I could eat it- no wheat and no dairy. Recently I did my best to replicate it, without having a recipe, for a family reunion up North. My mom really loved it (as everyone should!), and wanted the recipe. So, again I thought I would post it here, in case anyone else is in the mood for a delightful chicken salad before it gets too chilly to enjoy it. ; )


CURRY CHICKEN SALAD
c = cup t = teaspoon

3 Lg or 4 reg boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 stalks of celery sliced or chopped
3 green onions (sliced into thin circles)
1 apple chopped
1-1 1/2 c rasins
1-1 1/2 c halved grapes
2/3 c toasted sliced almonds (you can do this yourself, but watch constantly, lest they burn)
1 c mayo
2 t curry powder
1/8- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
1/4-1/2 t salt

Cook your chicken breasts and cut them up as small as you'd like. I cut mine into about 1/2"- 3/4" cubes. Chop up all your cold ingredients, toast the almonds and mix them all together with the chicken. Mix the mayo and curry powder separately to make sure they are well blended before adding to the mix. As with all cooking, taste along the way and adjust ingredients as you prefer. Chill, and enjoy! = ) Feel free to let me know how yours turned out!



Image by: Maggie Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment