Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Twins Turn Two!









We celebrated my twin nephews, Caleb and Micah's, birthday this evening at my parents house. The are two years old! It seems like it was just yesterday that we were visiting Naomi in the hospital when they were born. That kind of creeps me out... because that means that before I know it, Ari will be turning two as well! Okay Rachel... slow down...
Having a kid sure has made time fly by even faster than it usually does.

As we were hanging out, my sister Naomi said that is seems like Ari has grown so much in the few weeks it's been since we last hung out. It's true! I think since we last hung out, he's sprouted two teeth, started sitting up very well, and started getting on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. Why is it that I was sooo ready to grow up fast when I was young, ready to leave all the "little people stuff" behind, but it makes me sad thinking about Ari growing older?

I haven't figured that all out yet. I'm just embracing my emotions, whatever they may be, mulling it all over in my brain here and there, and trying to enjoy everything as it makes its way in, and sometimes back out, of my life. I know that if I hold on too tightly to any one thing, I will miss out on a bunch of others. But it's so hard... = )

2 comments:

  1. You could always just keep on popping out more babies. ;) Ari is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.. thanks Becca.. I'll get right on that. ; )

    ReplyDelete