Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lots Going On.. Just the Way I Like It!

Wow! This has been an intense week so far. = D

I have started school again. Yep! I'm taking Anatomy & Physiology II, and I am taking it at NIGHT. This is my first night class ever, and what a difference that makes! I got an A in A&P I, but I took that in the morning.. when my brain was fresh and unused. Now I am taking Lab on Mon from 8-9:50p, and Lecture from 6-8:50p on Wednesdays. Sheesh! My brain felt like it was going to explode after the first lecture yesterday. *sigh* But, it is nice to know that it still works.. my brain, that is. I don't feel like I've really used it to it's fullest since the Fall 2009 semester, when I was last in school. It's a little cobwebby, but with a little dust-busting it will be like new. ; )

Since starting school on Monday, I have become much more productive around the house. As I stated in an earlier post, I really do much better at life when it is full and busy. My house is clean, the laundry is done, the dogs are brushed, meals are being prepared, and it feels GREAT!! I just hope that I can avoid procrastinating at studying amidst all this success. Should I get behind, I could start feeling hopeless and then all my productivity in all areas could crash... I think I'll just try my hardest to avoid procrastination.. and pray that God helps me keep balance in my life, deny my fleshly impulses and be wise. = )

Ari is now proficient at getting from his tummy to a sitting position. It has been so cute going in and seeing him sitting in his crib when he wakes up, or is crying. Today, I came in to check on him while I was washing dishes, and he had managed to get himself sitting up under the coffee table, and was rummaging around inside my Medela pump bag. I guess anywhere on the floor is no longer safe to keep things I don't want him getting in to. = )

I've also had some stress about starting him on baby food. He has not been doing well with cereals of any kind, but after much suggestions from Facebook, I decided to try him on sweet potatoes. He REALLY liked those! So today, I mixed Bmilk, cereal and baby sweet potatoes and he ate probably a whole Tablespoon! Since I am still nursing, I'm trying hard not to stress about him getting the nutrients he needs. He's a plump, beautiful little boy. = )

This past Sunday I also attended a Worship Kickoff meeting. I am super excited to start serving on the Worship Team again, and will sing at church for the first time since the end of Dec '09 next Sunday! Not this coming Sun, but the next... right. At least I have been keeping my vocal chords warm by singing to Ari all the time. = D (see previous post about singing)

Another update, is that I am considering watching a 2 mo/old one day a week starting sometime next month. The couple will be coming over next week to discuss details, and then I will decide if it seems like a good fit for my schedule/life right now. = )

What else?... oh, I drew a fun picture of Ari with the paint application. Tell me if you think it looks like him. My feelings won't be hurt if you don't. ; D

Signing off for now!

2 comments:

  1. Mercy Vineyard Church in Minneapolis. You can see the website by clicking on the link at the bottom of my blog. = )

    ReplyDelete