Monday, August 16, 2010

Step Away From the Chocolate!!

Chocolate has caffeine in it. ARG!! Why do I always crave it at night?! As some of you know, my allergies to cow's milk and wheat got much worse after having Ari. I've been drinking soy milk, and like it a lot, but I bought some goat's milk this week to try. For some reason, the idea of it creeps me out though. The fact that I find it more creepy to drink milk that came from goat's teats than cow's teats does not make any sense, but I do. So, I decided to dose it with a large amount of chocolate syrup before trying it for the first time. Strike that- it's actually the first time in a long time. I do remember that we had it at some point in my early childhood. I'm not sure why we stopped drinking it. Maybe because it's so friggin' expensive. Or maybe because it's just creepy. Anyways, I drank it and it went okay. It does have a little different taste, but more disappointingly it still made me feel a little weird. WAY less weird and sick compared to when I drink cow's milk though.. so that's an improvement.

My youngest sister Esther is sleeping over tonight to keep me company since Drew is out of town for work. As I was drinking my chocolate goat's milk (milk from goat's teats.. *slight shudder*).. she said she wished that I had some chocolate in the house. I told her she could check in the cupboard where it's usually kept. She paused, and said that she might go check if she started feeling bad. I replied that chocolate always makes you feel better... and then it makes you FAT. = ) We laughed so hard while we acted out how funny it would be if you ate a bite of chocolate, and as you were saying how good it was, your stomach immediately got fat. What an evil, betraying, but delectable treat. Tsk tsk tsk. Today I told my mom that I was indeed planning on going to bed on time tonight. And then I forgot that my only bed sheets were still in the washing machine. And drank chocolate milk. Drat. *sigh*.. and the cycle continues...

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate does the same thing to me! Keeps me up at night, but I crave it at that time. It's so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know.. what a fallen world this is. {= \

    ReplyDelete