Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Drive-In

Drew, Ari and I went to a drive-in movie last night at Vali-Hi! How fun. = ) We watched "The Other Guys". It was Ari's first movie-going experience actually, and he did very well. He slept in his car seat for the first half of the movie. I fed him when he woke up, and then he just sat/stood on our laps playing around, very intrigued by everything inside and outside the car. We could have watched three movies for only $16, (Ari was free) but after the first one, Drew was ready to fall asleep... as usual. ; ) So, I changed Ari and we headed home.

I hadn't been since high school, and I forgot how much fun, and what a unique experience, going to the drive-in theater is. The sound of people laughing inside the cars around you. The smell of grilled food, and cigar/cigarette smoke. Ridiculously long lines at the bathroom during intermission. Kids running around playing, weaving in and out of the cars. And the humid, cool, summer evening air making everything linger just a bit longer. I definitely want to do it again. = )

No comments:

Post a Comment