Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The House Is Alive With the Sound of Music

This evening I watched "South Pacific" on public television. *sigh* Oh, how refreshing and lightening it is to watch a Broadway musical; to hear those sweet show tunes. I feel like I'm at home, and also far away from it at the same time.

I sure do miss the theatre. Not that there isn't music around me. It bubbles up from within. I find myself singing throughout the day, in my head and out loud, especially now that Ari is around.
I make up songs when I'm changing him, feeding him, playing with him, and when I put him to bed. I think Ari will grow up believing that life is one big musical. And that's good... because it is. = D

I got that from my parents. Music is a big part of both of their lives. Both my mom and dad used to make up songs for me and my five siblings in the same way as I now do. They still sing many of them to their grandchildren.

So tonight.. as I go to bed with, "Some enchanted evening, you may see a stranger.." dancing in my head, I want to thank my parents for helping me become the musical person I am. I am thankful beyond what words can express, and I love you both. = )

No comments:

Post a Comment