Thursday, August 19, 2010

Too Much Time On My Hands

School starts again on Monday! When I think about my schedule filling up more, and how I will be busier.. I really do get excited! It's not like I don't have things I could be filling my time with right now though. I have lists and lists of stuff that I "could" be doing. But, I seem to do so much better when I have a lot going on that I HAVE to do. When I have commitments.

It's weird, but when I have less going on.. I get less done, whereas when I have more going on... I get more done. Why is that? Is it a bad thing, a good thing, or neutral?
It seems like an oxymoron or some sort of irony, but perhaps I was created to function this way? I think that I often procrastinate just to replicate the feeling of my life being very busy and full. Of course procrastination leads to being stressed out, which is not a good thing and something I definitely do not desire.

I wonder, is it possible to be busy, but not to procrastinate and therefore not feel stressed out? I'm not sure. I don't think I have personally ever experienced this seemingly ideal balance...

No comments:

Post a Comment