Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankfulness

I love my family. I am so thankful for them. = )

I am thankful for Drew. He makes me laugh with all his closet-weirdness. He works so hard at a job that is very stressful to bring home a paycheck to support our life together. He makes compromises he doesn't want to make because he values me as a partner in this relationship. He is patient with me. He is a learner and is willing to be taught when he doesn't know how to do something. He is willing to make hard changes when he knows it is for our best. = D

I am so thankful for Ari. He is such a sweet little boy. He smiles with his two-toothed mouth and my spirit glows. Even as he is sick and crabby, teething and tired, I still adore him. He experiments with new things and looks over to me for approval. When I come around the corner, he lights up with the biggest smile ever. If I walk near him, he immediately gets excited because he always wants to be playing with me. He already turns pages when I read to him and it makes me so happy. I can't get enough of him. = D

I am so thankful for my dogs. They love me even when I am crabby. All they want to do is be near me (and preferably on me) at all times. They love to curl up on my lap and be pet. This greatly reduces my stress level. Even when they pee on my floor and bark at the neighbors that they see every single day of their lives.. I can't imagine my life without them. = D

I am so thankful for life. I'm so thankful for the life that I have. I'm thankful for green grass, blue skies. I'm thankful for sunshine and music. I'm thankful for colors in general. I'm thankful for taste buds and wonderful food creations. I'm thankful for beauty. I'm thankful for friends, family and laughter. I'm thankful for learning. I'm thankful that I can afford to go to school. I'm thankful for "gluten-free" and mango sorbet. = D

I'm thankful that I have life after death awaiting me because Jesus paid the price I couldn't for my sins. Even when I am in the depths of despair and hopelessness, I know He is with me, and he pulls me back up out of it all. I am so thankful that His arm is not too short to save me from my muck. (Isaiah 59:1; John 3:16)

4 comments:

  1. Thankfulness is a great gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean about being thankful for your little one. it's so amazing to watch their growth and development.... and i love how much they just look to us for approval and MORE.
    audrey just lights up when i smile at her, she has a weird personality just like her mom and dad, she loves to turn pages and feel things in the book (even if there's nothing to feel), she LOVES talking.... gosh i could go on....
    but yeah it's so so cool to have a kid.... theyre awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it really is awesome. Even on the worst days I'm so glad God gave him to us. = D

    ReplyDelete