Monday, November 22, 2010

Taking a Break.. Kind Of..

I am currently on vacation in Missouri with some of Drew's side of the family. His parents rented a cabin for all of us to stay in for Thanksgiving week, which is really nice of them!

It's interesting how much "vacation" changes once you have a kid. Basically.. it's not anymore. It's not vacation... it's "getting away from your own house to go to a different house and hang out with different people". Which is still very nice! But not really the vacation I'm used to.

Vacation used to be a time where I could sit around, eat, chat, watch movies, sleep, eat, sit around, chat, watch movies and sleep, sleep, sleep. Alas, no more. Ari's schedule is still the same, even when I'm away from home. He still needs to be fed, washed, unhelmeted, rehelmeted, changed, etc and repeat. Naps are the only "vacation" time I get. At least Drew is helping out here and there with washing Ari and feeding him cereal... that is very nice. = )

Anyways, I'm not really complaining. I'm more.. emoting and reevaluating so that I can grieve, accept and move on to enjoying this new type of "vacation". And I am also slightly low on sleep...

Unfortunately I have schoolwork to do while I'm here. I have an online quiz due in a day and also a homework assignment due right when I get back. So is life. = )

Glad I missed that MN ice storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment