Friday, August 12, 2011

35 Weeks Pregnant!


Alllright. I am 35 weeks pregnant now. Phew.

Things have gotten REALLY real in the past few weeks. I am in the throws of my final trimester. Uncomfortable, sore, slow, tired. Oh yeah, the fun last stretch.

What to update you on...

Well, a couple weeks ago my normal Braxton Hicks contractions got super intense, accompanied by lower back pain. I called the midwife, and she told me to try taking a nice warm bath until I was pruned up to see if that would help them stop. I did, and they calmed down a little bit in the bath, but as soon as I got out they were intense again. So, I got to take a trip to the hospital to be monitored and examined. The results were that, yes, I was having a good bit of contractions, but that I was not dilated at all which is GREAT. I also had no infections that could be contributing to my contractions and the fetal fibronectin test showed that I would not be having this baby in the next two weeks (which would put me a little over 35 weeks) which is also excellent. The midwife told me that I should probably just expect that this level of contracting will be my new baseline for the past month and I was sent home. *sigh* They have indeed continued and I have gotten used to functioning with this new level of discomfort... for the most part. = )

Pregnancy insomnia as well as nesting have set in. I've been trying to plug away at my to do list, but it is going slowly. For the most part the very important things are done, but I do want to get a few more things washed and organized before Baby Boy #2 comes. I have to say though, I am WAY more on top of things this time than the first time. Partially because I have almost everything I need already, which is nice. = )

What else? Ari has been a nightmare. A NIGHT.MARE. He is sprouting 6 or so teeth at the same time and also recently came down with some sort of virus. It has been slightly traumatizing for Drew and I. I think this is a good sign though, because it means that Ari has been VERY healthy overall so far. This is only the second time that he has developed a med-high fever and both times it did not require us to take him to the doctor; we were able to manage his symptoms at home. He's finally over the illness but the teeth are still causing him to be a very unhappy boy. I am praying that God is allowing this to happen now so that he will be done with this intense bit of teething by the time Baby Boy #2 is born. One can hope. = )

On a positive note, Drew and I will be having a spa day away next weekend! We are getting couples massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. Super excited!!! This will be Drew's first time getting a massage and I sure hope he likes it; maybe then he'll budget for us to get them on a regular basis. ; ) Unfortunately I will not be full term at that time, so NO reflexology induction foot massage for me this time around. = ) Maybe I'll schedule one if I reach my due date.

So, yep. I am uncomfortable, but very healthy. This baby is very healthy, and moving a BUNCH. I cannot wait to meet him!! I am getting sooo excited. I know it will change my life again forever, so I CAN wait until he's ready to come out, but I am super excited. = )

Hopefully I'll be able to blog again before I'm a mother of two! God Bless. = D

No comments:

Post a Comment